One of the best parts of the CSA I belong to is when they bring us recipes. They actually make up the recipes so when you come to the market you can try them and see if that is something you would enjoy. I added a little flourish to this one, but oh so yummy! Take away the kale (which can be torn instead of sliced) and you have a very kid-safe recipe that will get kids into the kitchen and off the couch.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower kernels
- 1/2 Cup halved cherries
- 2 – 4 oz Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
- Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Remove stems from kale by stripping away from leaves and thinly slicing. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Whisk the juices, salt, pepper, green onion, maple syrup and oil together.
- Pour dressing over the kale and massage it into the leaves with your hands. (make sure each leaf is coated)
- Toss in the nuts and cherries and top with gorgonzola cheese