According to Facebook, I have 600 friends. Statistics would say that 84 of them woke up this morning not knowing how they were going to fill their plate with food.
So how do live in a world where (according to the CDC) 68.8% of adults are either overweight or obese?
In Mitchell alone, we have a great support safety net.
- We have the school breakfast, lunch & summer food system offering free and reduced meals
- We have a state of the art James Valley Community Center with nutritional meals for our Seniors
- We have Meals on Wheels
- We have a weekend snack pack program that sends home food to families for the weekend
- We have the Mitchell Food Pantry that handed out 1553 bags of food serving 644 people in February alone
- We have the Love Feast
- We have churches and community members who give and give
- Mitchell Food Pantry
- Bread for the World
- Time at the Table
- Partners Against Hunger
- Mitchell Snack Pack Program
- Avera Queen of Peace Nutrition Services